Out of respect for your privacy Gift of Life, Inc. (GOL) provides this information explaining our online information practices. This policy does not apply to other linked web sites.
GOL will not sell your email address to other businesses or organizations for their general use. On occasions, you may receive an email relating to GOL’s mission from parties acting on GOL’s behalf and at GOL’s request. These organizations help GOL achieve its mission by providing technology services.
By visiting Gift of Life’s web site at https://www.giftdonor.org, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Information We Collect & How We Use It
GOL collects two main types of information through the Web sites noted above:
- Personal, or “individually identifiable,” information you provide to us, typically by completing online forms – examples would include an email address, physical street address, phone number, etc. With your permission, we may use this information to contact you about GOL mission-related events or content.
- Standard web server/visitor traffic information, commonly referred to as “aggregate information,” regarding overall Web site traffic patterns. Normally, web servers collect this type of basic information automatically as part of their web log processes. We do not report on individual user sessions.
Individually Identifiable Information
There are instances when GOL requests individually identifiable information from its online users. The following are examples of situations where we might request such information from you: contacting us to request information, inquiring about volunteer opportunities, requesting additional information, making a donation or ordering other GOL materials and merchandise and submitting stories or participating in our discussion forums. Information we may request includes the following:
- First and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, and subject of inquiry (i.e. volunteering or information requests), gender, and age.
- In the case of contributions or requesting materials:
- We process standard credit card information (card number, card type, expiration date) via a secure, encrypted SSL session. SSL is the proven standard for secure Web messaging transactions.
- In the case of memorial or honorary contributions, a personalized gift card or letter is sent to a designated individual, usually the family member of the deceased, living donor organ recipient or honoree. Therefore, we will request the name, address, city, state, zip code and telephone number for the memorial or honorary contribution. This information is only used for the purpose of sending the notification and is not used for any other purpose.
As stated previously, GOL will not sell your email address to other businesses or organizations for their general use. On occasions, you may receive an email relating to GOL’s mission from parties acting on GOL’s behalf and at GOL’s request. These organizations help GOL achieve its mission by providing technology services.
Make a Contribution – Become an Ongoing Supporter
When you make a contribution, you may be asked if you would like to receive further contact from us via our web site. If you indicate yes, you will be placed on our e-mail distribution list. If you later want to be removed from that list, you can remove yourself by following the directions in the correspondence you receive.
We maintain records of all donations made to GOL. Personal information is private and confidential. Additionally, all information is stored in a secure location accessible only by authorized staff. GOL may contact you with further communications via the web, US Postal Service, or telephone. If you wish to restrict the use of your contact information, you can choose to opt out from:
- Financial contribution activities and/or
- Any contact with GOL
Please let us know by one of the following methods:
- Contacting the GOL office at 913-851-1947.
- E-mailing GOL from our web at the following address: www.giftdonor.org
Aggregate Information Collected From the Web Server
We collect anonymous information from our web server about your visit to our sites in order to monitor general traffic patterns on our site. This information is collected and stored in log files on the server. We compile and analyze this information using WebTrends software. Reports generated by WebTrends include information such as the following:
- total number of visitors
- most visited pages
- peak traffic times
- service provider IP addresses
- browser versions
- referring web sites
- search terms used
- average number of pages requested
- average duration of visit
- total visitor traffic
We use aggregate information gathered from your visit to better design our web site. This information supplies us with a broad picture of how people use our web site and helps us to better manage our systems and serve our audience.
A Note About Cookies
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we strive to maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to secure the information we collect online. This includes the use of the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) for processing contributions and other financial transactions securely.
Links to Other Sites
GOL is not responsible for the contents of any linked web site that may be contained in our online database of related Web sites, or any link contained in a linked web site, or any changes or updates to such web sites. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by GOL of that Web site and is provided only for information purposes.
This privacy statement applies to the GOL web site at https://www.giftdonor.org. Please be aware that GOL is not responsible for the privacy practices of other linked sites or partner Web sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that requests personal information from you.
GOL reserves the right to change this policy at any time.